Monday, April 30, 2012

Symphony #1 - Day 1 of Composition

Hello Everyone!  I began the composition of Symphony #1 tonight.  So far this has presented to be a challenge and also amazingly well fitted as far as transitioning the melodies together to create the symphony.  My challenge lies with properly fitting the instruments that I hear in my head to the score.  Even though it is easy to transfer the melody to a single line score and would seem easy to begin scoring the symphony with the outlines that I have created, it is also difficult because sometimes the instruments that I imagine in my mind do not always sound the best once written on paper.

However on a brighter note, the flow of the melodies seem to fit quite well with each other.  In my mind, these melodies were almost meant to be written together.

I have composed roughly a minute and forty-five seconds of the symphony tonight and I am sure/hope that this challenge will not be the first.

-Wes

No comments:

Post a Comment