Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Symphony #1 - Day 2 Composition

Hello Everyone!

Today's progress has been a little challenging and I have begun to realize that I have instruments that I do not feel contribute correctly to sections of the piece.  One major challenge that I am facing is creating a bolder sound for certain melodies, without changing the melody itself.  The use of dynamics by building up certain instrumental sections can help as well as altering the use of specific instruments.

It's funny to sit and think about the composition and its progress and to look back at nit picky things that bother me.  I have found that I am not fond of composing for brass and that strings/choral are my high points for composing.  As a challenge to myself, I will compose a brass sectional solo within the next symphony.

Just 5 more days until I release Symphony #1!

-Wes

No comments:

Post a Comment